Saturday, August 13, 2011

"I get by with a little help from my friends..."

Greg with Bela Fleck

Anne and me with Bela Fleck
What can I say?  After 36 hours of non-stop packing (literally), I needed another break.  And who should be there when I needed them?  My friends!  Friday, I was treated to lunch with the church ladies and dinner and a concert with the Harrises.  What great friends!  I have always been easily distracted which is bad when you are working on a deadline, but sometimes a distraction is down right vital to survive.

I had finished packing all three kids' rooms and the playroom so didn't feel too bad about leaving to meet the ladies for lunch.  We had a lovely 2 hour luncheon and discussion at the local Mexican restaurant.  I will miss being able to drop everything and go to lunch with friends this year, but such is the price of a traveling sabbatical.  It is the best soul food to just sit, talk and laugh with your friends.  I felt recharged enough to go to Harry's to buy something special for dinner at Chastain Park. (Note: I did not feel recharged enough to cook and mess up the kitchen.)

Best seats in the house!
That night, we met the Harrises for an incredibly perfect Atlanta evening at the quintessential Chastain Park.  A little gourmet food, a little jazz, a little banjo... Who could ask for more?   Thanks to a generous gift of a front row center table, Greg and I had a fabulous last weekend in Atlanta treat.  For you food lovers, Anne brought red pepper dip, brie, grapes and fresh bread for starters, Greg grilled a marinated London broil for the entree and I added Harry's divine potato salad and mixed greens with olives and artichokes and we finished with mini-cheesecakes Anne picked up at the bakery.  The only thing that could have made the evening better was some great music... wait we had that thanks to Bruce Hornsby and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.  I'll admit I wasn't that "jazzed" about the acts when I first heard the names.  I didn't care though because it was CHASTAIN PARK!  I love anyone there!  I knew Bruce Hornsby from the 80s, but had honestly never heard of Bela Fleck (Sorry, Spencer!)  I am now a fan!  Amazing soulful music played on a banjo?  Doesn't sound right even as I type it, but it is true.  Just listen to this song:
Greg with Bruce Hornsby's grapes.


Thank you, Friends, for your wonderful distractions!  I honestly don't know how I am going to get by without you all for the next 11 months!  I need a medical alert bracelet as I travel that says: "In case of mental breakdown, please send friends."


Bela Fleck and the Flecktones with Bruce Hornsby

Greg also ran into Fluff (Tiger's former caddie)
Now back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! Heaven knows, I need some interaction...